Interviews with creators on their work as Animators, Animation Directors and Character Designers. Studios are noted where relevant.
(Back to Production Staff Interviews)
ABIKO Eiji / 安彦 英二
Yuri!!! on ICE (Figure Skating Animation)
1. Interview with Junpei TATENAKA from CREA Mar 2017
2. Interview with Junpei TATENAKA from BD vol.3
Interviewed by ANN in relation to Space Dandy, April 2014
Interviewed by Lachlan Johnston for Otaquest, October 2017
EBATA Risa / 江端 里沙
On her Character Design work for Macross Frontier, with Shōji KAWAMORI and Kariko KOYAMA from Sheryl ~Kiss in the Galaxy~ vol. 3
HIRAMATSU Tadashi / 平松禎史
A general interview from October 2004 (about his history as an animator until that point)
Yuri!!! on ICE
1. On his Character Design and Chief AD work, from Otomedia, Dec 2016 (p.36-7). Translated by toraonice.
2. On his Character Design and Chief AD work, from Pash!, Dec 2016. (toraonice.)
3. On anime designs and characterization, from Animage, March 2017 (p.36-7)
4. With Noriko ITOU at Visual Arts Expo, Malaysia, July 23-24 2017.
5. With Sayo YAMAMOTO and Mitsurō KUBO at AnimeFEST, August 17~20 2017.
HORIGUCHI Yukiko / 堀口 悠紀子 (Kyoto Animation)
On her Character Design and Chief AD work for the K-ON!! movie. Translated by ultimatemegax.
Tamako Love Story (Character Designer, Chief Animation Director)
1. From Tamako‘s production book (ultimatemegax)
2. From the Tamako Love Story movie theatre pamphlet (ultimatemegax)
IKEDA Kazumi / 池田 和美 (Kyoto Animation)
On her work as Animation Director for the K-ON!! Movie (C-Part) (ultimatemegax)
IKEDA Shoko / 池田 晶子 (Kyoto Animation)
With Futoshi NISHIYA on their work as Chief ADs for The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (ultimatemegax)
Sound! Euphonium (Character Designer, Chief Animation Director)
1. From the Sound! Euphonium fanbook (Sep 2015) (ultimatemegax)
2. On the Sound! Euphonium Movie: a roundtable with Tatsuya ISHIHARA and Naoko YAMADA (ultimatemegax)
ITŌ Noriko / 伊藤 紀子
On Yuri!!! on ICE, with Tadashi HIRAMATSU at Visual Arts Expo, Malaysia, July 23-24 2017.
KADOWAKI Miku / 門脇未来 (Kyoto Animation)
On her work as Animation Director for the K-ON!! Movie (B-Part) (ultimatemegax)
KAWAMOTO Toshihiro / 川元利浩
On his career and Blood Blockade Battlefront (with director Rie MATSUMOTO; Part 1, Part 2), conducted at SakuraCon in March 2016.
KIKUTA Kōichi / 菊田 幸一
On Konosuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World!, from Animestyle 009 (Sep 14, 2016). Translated by frog-kun.
KOBAYASHI Osamu / 小林 治
Summary of his 2nd panel at Sakura-Con 2015: The Life of an Animation Director
KOTANI Kyoko / 小谷 杏子
A Female Animator’s Take On The Current Anime Industry (Part 1, Part 2) (idango)
KOUNO Megumi / 河野 恵美
TRIGGER Staff Discuss Superheroes and Studio Culture at AnimeNEXT 2016, by Evan Minto for Ani-Gamers.
On The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls, from the Dereani complete fanbook. Translated by Disgaeamad.
MATSUURA Mai / 松浦麻衣
On her Character Design and AD work for Pretty Rhythm: Rainbow Live, from the official guidebook. Translated by rockmanshii.
NISHIYA Futoshi / 西屋 太志
With Shoko IKEDA on their work as Chief ADs for The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (ultimatemegax)
Free! (Character Design)
1. Free! Guidebook Interview, with Director Hiroko UTSUMI (Part 1, Part 2) (ultimatemegax)
2. Panel at Kyoto Animation and Animation Do’s CTFK 2013 event (ultimatemegax)
3. Free! Eternal Summer Fanbook Interview (ultimatemegax)
4. High☆Speed! Pamphlet Interview, with Dir. Yasuhiro TAKEMOTO and Screenwriter Maiko NISHIOKA (Translated by Pen)
5. High Speed! Fanbook Interview (Pen)
SATO Miyo / 佐藤美代
The Story Behind the Mob Psycho 100 Ending Sequence (JPN original; Translated by Mark Cha)
SHIMIZU Hiroshi / 清水 ひろし
With Director Kotomi DEAI on The Rolling Girls, where he did Mechanical Design and served as Chief AD, for Otaku News and Toonzone
Interview conducted by ANN at AnimeEXPO, July 2017
SUZUKI Aya / 鈴木亜矢
“Inside the Animator’s Studio,” interview conducted at AnimeNEXT 2015, by Ink for Ani-Gamers.
TANAKA Atsuko / 田中 敦子
Interview from AnimeFest, August 2017, by YattaTachi
TATENAKA Junpei / 滝口 順平
Yuri!!! on ICE (Figure Skating Animation)
1. Interview with Eiji ABIKO from CREA Mar 2017
2. Interview with Eiji ABIKO from BD vol.3
YASUHIKO Yoshikazu / 安彦 良和
On his work as Character Designer for Mobile Suit Gundam, From Girl’s Gundam (Sep, 2009). Translated by khoda.
YOSHINARI Yoh / 吉成 曜
An interview from Animestyle Mar 2013, touching on Eva, Gurren Lagann etc. (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3).